The Good Food Guild welcomes crafters who make all types of food (and drink)! If you don't see a category that includes what your make, apply under "other." We love ice cream, spice blends and brownies, and aim to have all craft food industries represented in the Guild.
The Good Food Guild relies on the expertise of the craft food community to develop, revise and set standards for the category. As ingredients become available in the US and techniques evolve, so do our standards. Read on to learn what those standards are and meet the crafters of the Good Food Guild.
In order to join the Good Food Guild, companies must meet the following standards for at least 50% of their product line:
- Made in the USA or US territories.
- Made with a balanced objective of local, organic and highest-quality.*
- Made with transparency in supply chain.**
- Made with rBGH-free milk, where milk is used.
- Made with domestic, non-petroleum based vinegar where vinegar is used.
- Free of genetically modified ingredients.
- Additional category specific criteria may apply.
*Ingredients that make up less than 2% of the product, such as spices, sugar or lemon juice, may be sourced from farther afield, or from a larger distributor.
**That is, an earnest attempt is made to verify the origin and production methods of the ingredient. If made with ingredients that are not grown domestically on a commercial scale, a farm-direct or certified organic source is sought out and documentation of this search, including notes on calling distributors, is provided.