Remote Blind Tasting Saturday and Sunday September 17th and 18th:
Due to ongoing public health recommendations, and to protect the most vulnerable members of our community, the 2023 Blind Tasting will once again be remote.
Judges will be asked to pick up their tasting kits in San Francisco on Thursday September 15th or Friday September 16th. These kits will include: instructions on maintaining product integrity at home, tasting order, and product samples for judge evaluation.
On Saturday September 17th or Sunday September 18th, Judges will join their pods on Zoom to taste through these products together, led by a Committee Chairs as well as a member of the Good Food staff.
Preserves Live Tasting Saturday September 10th:
With an eye towards bringing in-person events back slowly and safely in future Awards years, the Preserves category tasting will be held in-person in a small-group format at Fort Mason on Saturday September 10th.
The live Preserves tasting will include the following safety precautions:
– Tastings will be held in pods of 3 judges plus one pod leader
– Room capacity will be capped at 25 people
– Room will be well-ventilated
– Masks will be required when not actively tasting
– All judges, committee members, and staff will be required to demonstrate proof of up-to-date vaccination, including booster shots.
If you have any questions or concerns about these protocols, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.