Introducing the first of six projects from the Good Food Fund: Good Food Originals
Partnering with visionary producers and retailers, Good Food Originals is a line of innovative new products launching exclusively at member stores of the Good Food Merchants Collaborative. All makers of Good Food Originals pledge a portion of sales to the Good Food Fund that coordinates these collaborations, supporting the launch of new projects that push the envelope towards a humanized and more sustainable food system.
The first project from Good Food Originals is Hop Along, a cider-washed cheese from Cowgirl Creamery made with organic milk from Straus Family Creamery. The rind is washed with organic cider from Apple Bite Cider and enhances a supple, luxurious paste. The rich and silky texture is balanced beautifully with a bright tartness, which makes it perfect for cooking and great for snacking. Hop Along pairs well with toasted nuts, figs in Port, Prosciutto and delicate dry cured meat, like Bresaola. Hop Along is exclusive to members of the Good Food Merchants Collaborative through November 1 and Cowgirl Creamery will contribute 50 cents of every pound sold to the Good Food Foundation through the end of 2018.
Hop Along can be found at the following stores:
Antonelli’s Cheese Shop, Austin
Bi-Rite Market, San Francisco
Canyon Market, San Francisco
Cowgirl Creamery, Point Reyes Station & SF
Good Earth Natural Foods, Fairfax & Mill Valley
Look’s Market, Sioux Falls
Market Hall Foods, Oakland & Berkeley
Market of Choice, Oregon
Palace Market, Point Reyes Station
SHED, Healdsburg, California
Woodstock Farmer’s Market, Woodstock, Vermont
Zingerman’s, Ann Arbor
Check back to see the names of more participating Good Food Merchants Collaborative stores.
- Exclusive Product Program: A series of collaborations with Good Food Award winners launched in the Merchants Collaborative stores
- Good Food Gifts: Unique Good Food Awards-branded holiday gift boxes sold at the stores of the 22 Good Food Merchants Collaborative Members
- Staff Exchanges: Structured staff swaps to facilitate sharing amongst independent retailers, also creating a unique perk for retaining talent
- Merchants’ Summit: Annual gathering to discuss common challenges, from the rise of online retailing to strengthening culture and magnifying impact
- Food Tours: Immersive trips for independent retailers to experience our country’s vibrant food traditions, building new relationships and commerce
- Coordinated Marketing: Streamlined and amplified messaging about the values of good food via combined networks of crafters and retailers
As the Good Food Fund continues to grow, new projects will be added. The Good Food Fund will continue to support the food community by evaluating the needs of crafters & merchants to propose a new set of projects aimed at fortifying a thriving independent food system.