Good Food Summer Internship
Position: Good Food Foundation Summer Intern
Start Date: May 17 – Aug 3
Location: Applicant must be based in the Bay Area, but internship is currently remote due to COVID
Type: Full time
Compensation: Monthly stipend, copious edible perks and the opportunity to work with national leaders in the food movement.
Organization: The Good Food Foundation exists to celebrate, connect, empower and leverage the passionate and engaged, yet often overlooked, players in the food system who are driving towards tasty, authentic and responsible food in order to humanize and reform our American food culture.
About our projects:
- Good Food Awards: The Good Food Awards were created to celebrate the kind of food we all want to eat: tasty, authentic and responsibly produced. The annual award recognizes the people who produce good food and brings businesses the attention they need to grow and thrive. Winners gain valuable marketing opportunities and participate in an Awards Ceremony hosted by Alice Waters in San Francisco.
- Good Food Guild: With 450 sustainable food business members, the Guild is the first of its kind trade association with the mission to connect, convene and promote craft food and beverage producers who share socially responsible business practices.
- Good Food Mercantile: The Good Food Mercantile is an un-trade show for tasty, authentic, responsible food. This one-day, intimate gathering brings together over 500 like-minded food crafters and retailers.
The Good Food Foundation (formerly Seedling Projects) is offering a full-time (40 hrs/week) internship designed for a passionate young person looking to gain experience at the intersection of food, sustainability, community organizing and event planning. The internship will focus on community outreach, event production and gaining first hand insight into the inner workings of a small, nimble, effective nonprofit. This internship is a unique opportunity to engage with the community of food crafters and leaders who have shaped the food movement over the last two decades and those who are leading the way to the future. Major projects the intern will focus on include preparing for the Good Food Awards entry period, conducting direct outreach to food producers in the U.S., assisting with the annual Blind Tasting and conducting sustainability vetting.
Intern Responsibilities Include:
- Outreach to Good Food Awards community
- Tracking Good Food Awards entry data
- Assist with event planning and production
- Conduct sustainability vetting research
- Additional responsibilities dependent upon experience and interests
- Strong interest in food from an environmental, social justice and cultural perspective
- Excellent communications, computer, written, verbal and organizational skills
- Self-starter able to execute responsibilities with minimal direction
- Flexibility and eagerness to lend a hand wherever it is most needed
- Must be a true team player
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment
- Basic design skills or interest in learning Adobe Creative Suite preferred
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com